Rule Suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rule Suggestion

Post by mariofanatic166 on Sun May 11, 2008 1:19 pm

How about a "Dead Topics" rule? It could go like this:

- Dead Topics: If a topic gets old and nobody is posting on it, It will lock and or delete it. Topics have a limit of 3-4 weeks for this.

We do seem to have alot of "dead topics."

_________________
avatar
mariofanatic166
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Male Number of posts : 411
Age : 23
Mood :
Exp Points : 3585
Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile http://youtube.com/mariofanatic166

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Suggestion

Post by Edgar the Alien on Sun May 11, 2008 8:10 pm

I'm pretty sure that we can change the settings of the forum to delete topics that haven't been posted in long enough, but is that really a problem? those topics are there, but aren't really doing much harm. "dead topics" are just about everywhere in forums, but unless someone bumps them, aren't a big deal.

_________________
Fuck you Brandon
avatar
Edgar the Alien
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Male Number of posts : 1023
Location : Having ians in my day
Mood :
Exp Points : 3715
Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile http://youtube.com/profile?user=Edgarthealien

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Suggestion

Post by mariofanatic166 on Sun May 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Edgar the Alien wrote:I'm pretty sure that we can change the settings of the forum to delete topics that haven't been posted in long enough, but is that really a problem? those topics are there, but aren't really doing much harm. "dead topics" are just about everywhere in forums, but unless someone bumps them, aren't a big deal.

Good Lord... What the heck is your problem?! Why do you have to freakin' disagree on everything that I post?!

_________________
avatar
mariofanatic166
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Male Number of posts : 411
Age : 23
Mood :
Exp Points : 3585
Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile http://youtube.com/mariofanatic166

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Suggestion

Post by SmashFiles on Sun May 11, 2008 10:40 pm

mariofanatic166 wrote:
Edgar the Alien wrote:I'm pretty sure that we can change the settings of the forum to delete topics that haven't been posted in long enough, but is that really a problem? those topics are there, but aren't really doing much harm. "dead topics" are just about everywhere in forums, but unless someone bumps them, aren't a big deal.

Good Lord... What the heck is your problem?! Why do you have to freakin' disagree on everything that I post?!
If you were to say 'EarthBound rules!' He'd say 'EarthBound sucks!'

_________________
Flail Fail
avatar
SmashFiles
SmashFiles Supreme
SmashFiles Supreme

Male Number of posts : 832
Age : 23
Location : In your face, firin mah lazhar
Mood :
Exp Points : 3655
Registration date : 2008-03-29

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/smashfiles

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Suggestion

Post by Edgar the Alien on Sun May 11, 2008 11:11 pm

Now you're just making stuff up. I only disagree with stuff that I think is wrong, which just happens alot with him. that's my thought process.

_________________
Fuck you Brandon
avatar
Edgar the Alien
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Male Number of posts : 1023
Location : Having ians in my day
Mood :
Exp Points : 3715
Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile http://youtube.com/profile?user=Edgarthealien

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Suggestion

Post by mariofanatic166 on Mon May 12, 2008 8:04 am

Edgar the Alien wrote:Now you're just making stuff up. I only disagree with stuff that I think is wrong, which just happens alot with him. that's my thought process.

sure...

=====
EDIT
=====

Also, don't edit my posts Edgar


Last edited by mariofanatic166 on Mon May 12, 2008 5:11 pm; edited 4 times in total

_________________
avatar
mariofanatic166
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Male Number of posts : 411
Age : 23
Mood :
Exp Points : 3585
Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile http://youtube.com/mariofanatic166

Back to top Go down

Disagree

Post by Hitman15237 on Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:51 pm

i diagree with that rule I mean what if someone finds in interesting topic and is arguing his point of view and he goes on Vacation or his computer crashes for 3 weeks and he can't fight his point any more and i thought that was what the graveyard was for
avatar
Hitman15237
Junior Member
Junior Member

Male Number of posts : 209
Age : 21
Location : Eating Chocolate cake with you MOM
Mood :
Exp Points : 3517
Registration date : 2008-04-26

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jaybird2j

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Suggestion

Post by Chris on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Hitman15237 wrote:i diagree with that rule I mean what if someone finds in interesting topic and is arguing his point of view and he goes on Vacation or his computer crashes for 3 weeks and he can't fight his point any more and i thought that was what the graveyard was for
that is very true. and don't people usually visit graves and leave flowers? well how are you susposed to leave any flowers? Crying or Very sad

_________________

Yes, I do Liek Mudkipz.
avatar
Chris
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Male Number of posts : 1052
Age : 23
Mood :
Exp Points : 3781
Registration date : 2008-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Suggestion

Post by Sio on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Plus, in any forum you find there are "dead topics". It is much more inviting to have more posts, and new members may find them and make them active again. I myself will do that. I find it very interesting to go back to the oldest topics and repost on them.

Also, Edgar wasn't contridicting you because he could. His reason was valid.
avatar
Sio
prohibation lvl 7
prohibation lvl 7

Male Number of posts : 1034
Age : 28
Location : Huh?
Mood :
Exp Points : 3604
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile http://everythings.omgforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Suggestion

Post by Edgar the Alien on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:49 pm

thank you Sio for that bit of justice. and Why with the bump? you've stirred up more angst, I suggest locking this thread. pruning can take care of the problem if smash wants to implement it.

_________________
Fuck you Brandon
avatar
Edgar the Alien
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Male Number of posts : 1023
Location : Having ians in my day
Mood :
Exp Points : 3715
Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile http://youtube.com/profile?user=Edgarthealien

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Suggestion

Post by BLAMincorperated on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:25 am

mariofanatic166 wrote:How about a "Dead Topics" rule? It could go like this:

- Dead Topics: If a topic gets old and nobody is posting on it, It will lock and or delete it. Topics have a limit of 3-4 weeks for this.

We do seem to have alot of "dead topics."
Make it 1-2 weeks, we don't want to see it.
avatar
BLAMincorperated
Member
Member

Male Number of posts : 285
Age : 21
Location : Shreveport
Exp Points : 3540
Registration date : 2008-04-02

View user profile http://freewebs.com/BLAManimations

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Suggestion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum